This blog was originally created & updated weekly during the Fall 2007 Semester, but I now just periodically add to it when I want to rant.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

White Stripes show CANCELLED

This is so depressing.
I just found out via MySpace that the White Stripes cancelled the remaining dates on their fall tour because of Meg having acute anxiety and being unable to travel because of it. I understand that they are only human, but dang it!! I missed them at Bonnaroo, and have only seen the Raconteurs live, but never Meg & Jack. Highly disappointed since I bought my ticket the very day that they went on sale.

I was a little mistrusting of the info coming from MySpace, due to password hijacking and such. So to check it out for sure I went to the official white stripes tour page. Sadly, the information was confirmed.

The MySpace bulletin also noted:
The White Stripes sincerely apologize to their fans. “We hate to let people down and are very sorry."

Fans can obtain refunds for their tickets at point of purchase.

Dates affected:

9/13/07 Albuquerque, NM @ Kiva Auditorium
9/15/07 Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits Festival
9/16/07 Austin, TX @ Stubbs Bar-B-Q
9/18/07 San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheatre
9/19/07 Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
9/21/07 Berkeley, CA @ Greek Theatre
9/24/07 Anchorage, AK @ George M. Sullivan Sports Arena
9/26/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
9/27/07 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Ballroom
9/28/07 Boise, ID @ Idaho Center Theater
9/29/07 Salt Lake City, UT @ The E Center
9/30/07 Jackson Hole, WY @ Snowking Center
10/2/07 Rapid City, SC @ Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
10/3/07 Fargo, ND @ Fargo Civic Auditorium
10/4/07 Lincoln, NE @ Pershing Center Auditorium
10/6/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
10/7/07 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom
10/10/07 Honolulu, HI @ Neal S. Blaisdell Center

So basically all the North American Tour dates. The UK dates follow after the previously scheduled Hawaii show that was added about 10 days ago. None of the UK dates are cancelled.

Since refunds are available, and the Lincoln date is close to when they left dates scheduled, I am going to keep my ticket for a while just in case. You never know. The main things that I wish for is for Meg's health to return quickly, and when they reschedule or come around for the next tour that they come to Lincoln again instead of Omaha. Less travelling for a quality show is always nice.

(I was trying to post a song "I Fought Piranhas (Live)" from a bootleg here, but I am at a loss until I know how to manipulate HTML to do it. Hopefully I can correct later.)

No comments: