This blog was originally created & updated weekly during the Fall 2007 Semester, but I now just periodically add to it when I want to rant.

Monday, September 10, 2007

Bike Trails where there are none...

Finally!
I have been searching for a decent bike trail map of Lincoln that also includes the Bike Routes that are usually on residential streets where the standard bike trails don't go.

I just moved to the north part of town a month before the start of the semester. The John Dietrich Trail is literally 3 blocks from my house, and will take me to within 3 blocks of the campus trails. But I have been having a problem finding a decent route to work if I choose to bike. There are not enough North/South trails in the middle of town. I don't want to travel clear over to 14th street or 84th street. I was needing something in between like 48th or something.

The map is not perfect, but it is more complete than anything else I have found online, in bike shops, and in phone books. It is made by The Great Plains Trail Network, and the comprehensive map is the Official 2008 trails map.



Hope this helps other bikers who have not discovered it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.