This blog was originally created & updated weekly during the Fall 2007 Semester, but I now just periodically add to it when I want to rant.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jah Roots Show

This post is partly just because I wanted to try posting a video on my blog, and I went to a show last Friday at Knickerbockers. The lighting is pretty crappy for the video. If you have ever been to Knickerbockers, the lighting is always bad. I usually have better luck at the Zoo. I took it with my old digital camera, so keep in mind I am no professional.

If you couldn't tell, I am a concert junkie.

This is a sweet reggae band from Springfield, MO that I have seen around 5-6 times now. They first played a show in Lincoln with my buddy's old band RC Dub. They have since played at Wakarusa outside of Lawrence, KS (in 2006), and I have also seen them here in town at the Zoo Bar, Knickerbockers, and at Murphy's Lounge up in Omaha. I definitely recommend checking them out.

Jah Roots websites:
http://myspace.com/jahroots
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jahroots
If you go to the CD Baby website, there are links to download via iTunes.
They have also posted some demo and bootleg shows on archive.org. These are all free to download, so if you enjoy their songs, this is the way to go!



Also, if you are free on Oct. 10th, check out another band I like and have seen many times, but none under there new name. They are now called "The Angel/Devil" (formerly "The Gooding Band") and the new CD is good stuff. It only has 7 songs, so I am wondering what else they will play...
http://www.myspace.com/theangeldevil

No comments: