This blog was originally created & updated weekly during the Fall 2007 Semester, but I now just periodically add to it when I want to rant.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

theNEWDEAL website

Just wanted to say that I was searching various band sites for logo ideas for my typography class, and realized that this would be a good example of a flash site. I think it has a very good use of animation and sound, without overdoing it (so it doesn't load slowly). The band is called theNEWDEAL, and there website is here: http://www.thenewdeal.com/. Not to mention, I really like their music too, but they are from New York, and I don't think they have ever toured in the midwest other than Chicago. I don't feel like travelling 8 hrs. to see them, but maybe a festival soon? Hope so.

While I am at it, I think a bad example of flash use is the My Coke Rewards site. It is extremely slow to load, and they use flash in areas where it is unnecessary. I don't think it ever completly loads due to all the little promos they try to pack on the home page. The only reason I found this site is because I enter my codes from 12 packs and bottle caps here for various things. Kind of like how Camel Cash and Marlboro Miles used to be when I was a smoker. I quit, and they quit.

No comments: